Central North Island Explorer | North Island Photography Tour
6 Nights / 7 Days : Mon 14 Oct - Sun 20 Oct 2024
Tour starts and finishes in Rotorua (there are alternate collection and drop of points available)
Explore and photograph the central North Island’s famed volcanoes, wild waterfalls, hidden gorges and much more as we travel to some seriously awesome locations.
This is a photo tour that packs a lot of geo-thermal power as we explore and photograph the grand mountains Ngauruhoe, Ruapehu and Taranaki. We also venture through Tongariro National Park, photograph Rotorua’s famous geo thermal spots and the Taranaki Coastline. Along the way we discover some of the regions secret-gems which offer a fantastic opportunity to put into practice our photography skills in some amazing locations.
Our photo tours are an immersive hands on experience where you will be putting your newly acquired knowledge to use in-the-field. We believe in giving you sound knowledge and developing new skills in landscape photography, and then putting these to practice in some of the best landscapes in the world.
We have well planned and exciting schedules gained from many years’ experience photographing in these locations. However we are also big believers in allowing for flexibility in our schedule - especially to allow for changing weather conditions and dramatic light. We have learnt that sometimes the best photographs are captured when you ‘follow the light’.
Some highlights on this Photo Journey include:
- Diverse landscape of Rotorua’s famed geo-thermal park
- Lake Tarawera jetty’s at dusk
- Rotorua’s Redwoods forest
- The mighty Tarawrea falls and Taupo’s Huka Falls
- Magical lagoon and gorges that are lesser known but amazing
- Photographing Mount Ngauruhoe and Ruapehu at dusk and dawn
- Rangipo Desert tussocks at dawn
- Amazing round bolder formations in ancient forest
- Taranaki’s famed coastline formations at dusk
- The amazing symmetry of Mount Taranaki from fabulous viewpoints